Watervale Investments Sales Officer Job in Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Watervale Investments Sales Officer in Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Watervale Investments Sales Officer in Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
About the Position: The Sales Officer will be the second member of our growing sales team.
Compensation will include a monthly base pay plus significant commission, so a self-driven and high-achieving sales professional will thrive best in this role.
The Sales Officer will be responsible for complete customer relationship management, including identifying new prospects, making sales calls, following up on orders, coordinating payment and building long-term ties with our clients.
Goals and Responsibilities
Network Within the Industry and Identify New Clients
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacture industry
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
- Pursue sales leads, research prospects and make initial sales calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about creditworthiness of new customers
- Close sales and place orders with our warehouse
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedule and ensure that customers don’t run outstanding balances beyond the credit limit
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio
- At least 2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Furniture industry knowledge or experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Please use the below link to access our online job application for this position:
If you have any questions or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, however please note we cannot receive applications via this email address.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.