Vehicle Yard & Outbound Logistics Supervisor Job at General Motors in Kenya Nov 2015
General Motors East Africa (GMEA) is the largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in the East African region.
Our manufacturing plant in Nairobi assembles a wide range of Isuzu trucks and buses and also distributes fully built Chevrolet passenger vehicles.
With more than fifteen Isuzu models, our plant’s output has enabled GMEA stamp its authority in the vehicle manufacturing, sales and service industry right across East and Central Africa.
Our growing sales in the new vehicle segment has propelled GMEA to market leadership in Kenya three years in a row since 2012, achieving a market share of 28.7% in 2014.
We are looking for highly engaged candidates with a track record of excellence to join team GM in the following positions to be filled in January, 2016.
- Develop procedures, controls, systems and standards for the section.
- General oversight of vehicle yard operations.
- Ensure compliance of vehicle yards with workplace organization and other relevant standards.
- Establish domestic and export sales vehicle out-bound logistics requirements.
- Management of service providers.
- Monitor and ensure vehicle care maintenance is conducted as planned.
- Supervision of staff in the section.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Prepare and distributes management reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience in supply chain, manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Knowledge of logistics, inventory management and lean manufacturing processes.
- High level interpersonal, organizing and planning skills and customer focus.
Please send your application and CV to:
The HR Business Partner,
General Motors East Africa Ltd,
P.O. Box 30527 – 00100,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Deadline 16th November, 2015
Attractive compensation packages await successful applicants.