Vehicle Tracking Technical Manager Job in Arusha, Tanzania April 2016
Career opportunity;Vehicle Tracking Technical Manager in Arusha, Tanzania
Job vacancy:Vehicle Tracking Technical Manager in Arusha, Tanzania
Technical Manager – Vehicle Tracking
Job Location: Tanzania – Arusha
Job type: 2 years renewable contract
Language Requirements: English & Swahili
Job Purpose: The Technical Manager will be in charge of System administration, Coordinating installations, technical team, the contact person for Clients and system providers on Technical matters
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the IT Department on a day to day basis in the architectural process, installation, support and customization of Fleet Management Applications and GPRS platforms IT Policy, Strategy, Procedures and Controls Development and Formulation
- Holds regular meetings with IT team and effectively manages these sessions
- Ensuring that all software applications installed are duly licensed
- Conducting trial and test of software before systems installation
- Recruit & train the technical staff to support
- Develop strategic plans identifying and support information technology applications
- Ensure alignment of current systems, tools and processes to support business plans
- Lead the architectural process by building out the vision of the necessary support system needed to sustain growth and profitability
- Oversee the maintenance and system upgrades New hardware/ software and configuration, and related patches to conform HW and OS environment. Testing and administration
- Ensure the appropriate backup of all computer systems in line with the policy and guidelines
- Develop and maintain a tested technology business recovery plan in the event of a business disruption
- Analyze and improve technology standards to maintain a competitive edge within the market.
- Provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
- Managing Windows and Linux mail and exchange servers.
- Monitor stability, connectivity and performance of the Information access interfaces environment and related storage capacity
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or any other Computer Related studies
- 5 Years’ IT Technical experience in a busy Fleet management environment
- Hands on experience with:
- Computer maintenance: software installation, troubleshooting, Network Management ie designing and implementing network systems
Remuneration: USD 1000 – 1200 + a local monthly allowance will be offered + medical + Accommodation + visa and a flight ticket
All applications should be made to;
Frank Management Consult Ltd
E-mail: email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11/04/2016