USAID TIS Program Grants Manager Job in Kenya June 2014
Seeking: Grants Manager
Are you a Kenyan with Grants Management experience and interest in working on a Somalia program?
Do you want to make a difference in Somalia?
Would you like to join a dynamic team working on stabilization initiatives for Somalia?
Please read on!
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
Qualifications and skills sought:
- University degree in either Accounting, Commerce, Financial Management, Political Science, International Relations, International Development or appropriate field.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of finance, Auditing, law or grants management are required.
- Three to five years of Experience working with USAID or an international donor is preferred.
- Experience in program development, reporting; budgeting; networking highly sought. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Previous experience working in Somalia highly sought.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Demonstrated expertise working in Somalia on socio-political and culture issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- English and Somali language fluency is required.
- Interest and availability to travel throughout Somalia.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
1) a CV
2) current position and salary history and
3) three references from supervisors
to TIS@dai.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday, July 04, 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the title of the position you are applying for as the subject line for ease retrieval of your application.