University of Nairobi Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Production and Extension) Career in Kenya 2016
Career vacancy : Deputy Vice-Chancellor Emplopment 2016
- Be a Professor of the University of Nairobi serving on permanent and pensionable terms and a holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Have thorough knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University Education in Kenya;
- Have at least five years hands-on experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of public financial management and strategic people management;
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in formulating and managing academic programs and supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD students;
- Have a proven track record of research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
- Have demonstrable experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
- Have a demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership.
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Being a visionary and result oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
- Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
- Development and formulation of appropriate policies to promote research infrastructure;
- Research Planning, coordination, administration, logistical support for research at all levels;
- Coordinating and sourcing of research funds;
- Protection of Intellectual Assets, commercialization, dissemination and publication of research output;
- Development of strategic alliances with Government, industry, local and international research institutes;
- Management of Research Libraries and Archives;
- Branding of Research, setting standards, quality assurance/control and capacity building;
- Coordination of relevant seminars, consultancies, workshops, conferences and symposia;
- Benchmarking Research and coordination of exchange of scholars;
- Negotiation and management of Research contracts and consultancies;
- Internationalization of the University;
- Shall be the Chairman of the Research and Development Advisory Board of the University;
- Perform any other functions pertaining to Research, Production and Extension; and
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor or by the University Council.
How to apply:
b. Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
c. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
d. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department.
Note: The University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.