University of Nairobi Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students Affairs) Career Recruitment in Kenya 2016
Career vacancy : Deputy Vice-Chancellor University of Nairobi 2016
- Be a Professor of the University of Nairobi serving on permanent and pensionable terms and a holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Have thorough knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University Education in Kenya;
- Have at least five years hands-on experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of public financial management and strategic people management;
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in formulating and managing academic programs and supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD students;
- Have a proven track record of research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
- Have demonstrable experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
- Have a demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership.
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multiethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Being a visionary and result oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
- Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
- To plan, organize and manage the provision of academic and social counseling, career, work study programmes and sports, (both within and outside the University), accommodation, catering, community service, recreation, health, security and other student affairs;
- To develop and implement programmes (e.g. leadership training) that support students educational experiences and wholesome life;
- To advise and guide student organizations and mentor students in their development of leadership, moral reasoning, social intelligence and other skills required in their lives;
- To develop mechanisms to anticipate and promptly, efficiently respond to student needs; and
- To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor or by the University Council.
How to apply:
b. Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
c. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
d. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department
Note: The University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.