UNICEF ICT Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Vacancy Announcement “KCO/ICT/2014-023
Duty Station: Nairobi
Post: ICT Assistant – GS6
Date of Issue: 20 June 2014
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above Fixed Term position in the Information Communication and Technology Section of UNICEF Kenya Country Office (KCO).
Purpose of the Post: Under the supervision of the ICT Officer the ICT Assistant is to provide technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information technology systems, procedures and activities of the office, in accordance with the ICT work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan. Conduct training and assessment of support desk for best performance.
- The productivity and effectiveness of the office work. Promote the productivity and effectiveness of the ICT support services by executing relevant ICT Work Plan tasks. Support the office’s information technology needs through rollout of end-user devices and ICT tools to meet the local office requirements;
- Effective customer support and training. Ensure effective customer support in the area of information technology and telecommunications by providing computer training, orientation as well as troubleshooting and ad-hoc technical assistance to users. Provide orientation and training to outsourced personnel in the area of customer support with ICT tools;
- Provide Video Conference and Collaboration Services Provide support to senior staff with VC and Teleconference services. Improve overall communication and support services to programmes;
- The confidentiality, integrity and availability of the ICT system, Ensure all UNICEF ICT systems and assets maintain confidentiality, integrity and services are availability users to user. Monitor and support data security, data recovery and backup and restoration services to end-users;
- Support with Knowledge Management Enhance knowledge management through orientation to users in MIS systems, i.e. PCA database, share point and other corporate systems. Provide training in various MIS systems and local database. Provide support to ensure the accuracy and accessibility of data sources;
- Feedback and Advice: Provide feedback and advice to management and ICT staff, outsourced personnel on support services the office’s information management needs;
- ICT competency gap analysis and competency building assess the ICT competency requirements and gaps for the office and staff members. Plan and conduct ICT training programmes based on the gap analysis for all the staff for competency building of ICT function of the office; and
- Any other tasks as defined by supervisor.
- Six years of relevant work experience.
- At least three years’ experience in other technical areas, i.e network administration, and help desk support services, messaging and database administration.
- Experience in an International organization is desirable.
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication 
- Drive for Results 
- Working With People [I1]
- Analysing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
The Human Resources Manager
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: email@example.com
Please indicate Reference No. “KCO/ICT/2014-023” in the email subject.
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”