UNICEF Field Office Chiefs Jobs in Garissa, Kisumu and Lodwar Kenya June 2014
Vacancy Announcement “KCO/PROG/2014-030”
Duty Stations: Garissa, Kisumu, Lodwar
Reference # and Duty Station
- KCO/14045 – Programme Kisumu
- KCO/14055 – Programme Lodwar
- KCO14035 – Programme Garissa
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above Fixed Term positions in Garissa , Kisumu and Lodwar Field Offices of UNICEF Kenya Country Office (KCO)
Purpose of the Post: Under overall guidance of Chief Field Operations, ensure effective management of the Field Office specifically in the development, design, planning and implementation of the UNICEF supported programmes in geographical area.
Please note the Field Office in Garissa will oversee UNICEF’s work in 6 ASAL Counties (Garissa; Wajir; Mandera; Tana River; Marsabit and Isiolo); Kisumu Office will oversee UNICEF’s work in 7 Counties (Bungoma; Migori; Kakamega; HomaBay; Siaya, Busia and Kisumu); and the Office in Lodwar will cover 4 ASAL Counties (Turkana; West Pokot; Samburu and Baringo).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent UNICEF in all matters related to programme planning and implementation in the geographical area covered by the Field Office. Provide leadership, guidance and supervision of the Field Office staff, and ensure staff safety and security is given paramount importance.
- Technical Leadership in all aspects of devolution, providing guidance and direction in ensuring a coordinated approach to UNICEF programme delivery in the geographical area. Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve results for children.
- Programming and Management of Programme: Responsible for overall development and establishment of the Field Office work plans, monitoring compliance, and providing support and guidance to ensure the Field Office delivers on the planned results.
- Coordination: Interact with County Governments and other partners, NGO’s, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of programme implementation, monitoring, and follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Provide technical support, orientation and guidance to implementing partners and County Government officials on appropriate technical and institutional capacity-building measures to achieve programme goals and expand coverage of services.
- Field Monitoring and reporting: Conduct field monitoring visits and organize assessment missions in the areas of coverage to ensure programme effectiveness, identifying bottlenecks and instituting remedial measures. Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress/status reports required from the Field Office for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis and assessment, annual reports.
- Resource Mobilization: Identify possible donors, strengthen partnerships for children and maintain close liaison with the Nairobi Office for resource mobilization and leveraging.
Experience: Eight years increasingly responsible relevant experience in the area of development programme management, UN System Field experience in strategic programme management in international development. International and Developing country work experience.
Language: Good knowledge of English language and knowledge of the working language of the duty station.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [Level II]
- Working with People [Level II]
- Drive for Results [level II]
- Leading and Supervising [Level II]
- Analyzing [Level II]
- Deciding and Initiating Action [ level III]
- Persuading and Influencing [Level III]
- Applying Technical Expertise [Level III]
- Planning and Organizing [Level I]
- Adapting and Responding Change [Level III]
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks [Level III]
The Human Resources Manager
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Reference No. “KCO/PROG/2014-030” in the email subject.
2. Reference No. for post/duty station for post applied to on your application letter
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”