UNICEF Data Processing Assistants Jobs in Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Vacancy Announcement “KCO/OPS/2014-018”
Duty Station: Nairobi
Post: Data Processing Assistant – GS6
Date of Issue: 20 June 2014
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above Fixed Term position in the Operations sections of UNICEF Kenya Country Office (KCO).
Purpose of the Post: Data Processing Assistant is to provide VISION support for users (Programme section and Operations Colleagues) and zone levels, ensuring that all VISIONS related transactions are acted upon, reports generated as may be necessary, effective and efficient solutions are provided and incidents and queries on the system appropriately addressed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Process program and operations related transactions in VISION using the correct transaction codes and related work processes accurately and timely in line with established SOPs;
- Analyse and review VISION transaction requests ensuring all supporting documentation and relevant information provided for processing transactions is in compliance with policies and procedures;
- Work with Quality Assurance Unit on HACT related functions, particularly in the area of coordinating assurance activities/program monitoring, and provide support to ESARO and KCO to become a knowledge lab; provide support for orientations/capacity building of colleagues on VISION;
- Respond (telephone, email) to requests/queries in relation to transactions promptly and provide trouble shooting functions as required. Ensure adequate record maintenance and monitoring of transactions and contribute to strengthening SOPs for transactions;
- Contribute to the analysis and preparation of reports by providing statistical information. Prepare background information for use in discussions by concerned sector with governments and other organizations;
- May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme-operations activities; and
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies.
- Six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year is closely related to support of programme activities.
- Preference will be given to those who have working experience with SAP or similar systems.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [Level I]
- Working with People [Level II]
- Drive for Results [Level I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [Level II]
- Following instructions and Procedures [Level II]
- Planning and Organizing [Level II]
The Human Resources Manager
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Reference No. “KCO/OPS/2014-018” in the email subject.
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”