UNICEF Data Centre Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office
Vacancy Announcement “KCO/OPS/2014-022”
Duty Station: Nairobi
Post: Data Centre Officer – NOA
Reference # KCO14085
Date of Issue: 20 June 2014
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above Fixed Term position in the Operations Section of UNICEF Kenya Country Office (KCO)
Purpose of the Post: Under the general supervision of the Fund Monitoring Specialist, ensure all relevant VISION transactions are undertaken in line with the relevant requirements and according the expected SOPs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pertinent technical input for the effective and efficient management of VISION transactions for the office ensuring accurate and consistent interpretation and application of VISION procedures implemented to support operational work of office;
- Manage and lead the VISION Hub/Data Processing Centre to ensure that timely, accurate transactions are provided in a proactive and client focused manner.
- Ensure all transactions are completed within appropriate timelines, with relevant feedback provided to requesting sections/units.
- Review work distribution within the Hub and provide supportive supervision role to the Hub to ensure effective functioning;
- Provide support to the Role Mapping Exercises/updating and VISA/Approval functions for the KCO office.
- Review transactions flow and recommend improvements to SOPs for improved efficiency;
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance Unit in ensuring that HACT Assurance Plans are prepared for KCO and monitor its implementation.
- Support review of assessment/assurance activities reports and coordinate with sections and IPs for compliance;
- Promote Vision Hub to be a Knowledge Lab for the KCO office.
- Identify issues concerning transactions and develop and support trainings/orientation sessions/clinics to enhance knowledge and use of Vision and its tools;
- Promote a team culture within the Hub that embodies client service and address issues arising out of transaction processing by coordinating with the concerned sections; carry out any other related tasks as assigned; and
- Any other tasks as defined by supervisor.
- One year of relevant experience, particularly in transaction processing and office management.
- Knowledge of SAP or office automation system.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of English and the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [Level I]
- Drive for Result [Level II]
- Working With People [Level I]
- Analyzing [ LeveI ]
- Applying Technical Expertise [ Level II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [Level II]
- Planning and Organizing [ Level II]
The Human Resources Manager
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Reference No. “KCO/OPS/2014-022” in the email subject.
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”