Umoja UN-Habitat Focal Point Job in Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Umoja is the Secretary General’s administrative reform initiative that will consolidate the management of financial, human and physical resources in an integrated solution.
This post is located in the Office of Management however the consultant will be on secondment to the Umoja Local Deployment Team at UNON. The consultant will be reporting to the Senior Programme Management Officer (Habitat’s Deployment Coordinator) at UN-Habitat and the Umoja coordinator with the Umoja Local Deployment Team.
- Preparation of communication focal point matrix for UN-Habitat
- Assist the coordination team with the development of a communication strategy on Umoja
- Communication of relevant information through these focal points
- Coordinate Umoja communication/marketing efforts through a multitude of mediums to all offices of the organisation
- Provide input to the communication working group of the 3 entities
- Disseminate information regarding Umoja activities at Branch meetings, Town Hall meetings etc.
- Organise special sessions for interested staff on Umoja and next steps
- Provide information to Senior Management Team
- Ensure that working groups/staff are aware of templates and fields in existing systems
- Transactional staff ‘timesheet’
- Data for the Real Estate Staging database
- Existing Project and Grant data for UN-Habitat
- Existing Business Partners
- Role Mapping Exercises
- Warehouse and Inventory data
- Identification of ‘process experts/local process experts and technical leads’ within UN Habitat
- Manage and coordinate these experts/technical leads to harmonise readiness for Umoja
- Identification of further process experts/local process experts/technical leads to be involved in Umoja implementation
- Coordinate and facilitate training sessions on various aspects of Umoja and administrative processes
- Attend various training sessions and/or Train The Trainer sessions and serve as a resource for UNON, UN-Habitat and UNEP rollouts
- Preparation of Budgets for the Coordination Team
- Preparation of Projects Plans and Gantt Charts for the Team
- Present budgets to Client Advisory Committee and local Steering Committee (Deployment Coordination Committee)
- Participate in and/or coordinate various testing in the HP ALM and SAP modules
- Working with the UN-Habitat PAAS team to ensure smooth transition of data (matching fields between Umoja and the PAAS)
- Working with the UN-Habitat PAAS team to assess mission critical functionality of the PAAS
- Other Coordination activities
- Creation and Coordination of Working Groups in key areas (e.g. Grants, Finance, Projects, Procurement, Business Partners, Real Estate, Warehousing/Inventory, HR, Travel)
- Coordinate realisation, kick-off and other workshops
Education: Advanced university degree in Management, Business Administration or related field; covering at least requirements for Business Analysis, Human Resources and Finance
- At least five (5) years of experience, four (4) of which should be in business process mapping, systems design, development and maintenance of information systems, as well as extensive experience of MS Office and MS Visio in a workplace environment.
- Prior working experience within UN-Habitat would be an asset.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Server
- MS Office packages
- UN-Habitat Project Accrual and Accounting System
- UN-Habitat rules and regulations
- Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
- CV in the PHP format, accessible through the INSPIRA website (inspira.un.org)
- The PHP should be attached to the application as a PDF file.
- Summary CV (maximum 2 pages), indicating the following information:
- Educational Background (incl. dates)
- Professional Experience (assignments, tasks, achievements, duration by years/ months)
- Other Experience and Expertise (e.g. Internships/ voluntary work, etc.)
- Expertise and preferences regarding location of potential assignments
- Expectations regarding remuneration
- Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
All applications should be submitted to:
Mr./ Ms. Margaret Nyambura Mburu
P.O. Box 30030, 00100
Tel: + 254 20 762 423 425
Deadline for applications: 2nd July 2014
UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.