UJAMAA / No Means No Worldwide Business Manager Job in Korogocho Slums, Nairobi Kenya 2014
Job ID: MANAGER#NMNW
Closing Date: 29/11/2013
Company Profile: UJAMAA –AFRICA By pairing weak and strong orphan guardians into Micro-Loan groups, Ujamaa deviates from the traditional micro-loan model which allows members to self select their own groups.
We are seeking an individual, with a passion based on the principals of leading a robust and transparent team of young and energetic trainers.
- The primary responsibility is to create and develop UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE, its products and services, and mentor internal staff trainers to become effective trainers , through innovative ways.
- Be responsible for leading the department, assuring its full integration with other activities of the organization, especially to identify and implement cross-strengthening activities in regards to teaching in Kenyan schools.
- Be responsible for developing, maintaining and strengthening relationships with UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE-Africa donors, the community, relevant international and domestic financial institutions and/or Ministries.
- Develop strategy and work plans for UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE, in consultation with UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE-Africa executive management.
- Promote and market UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE to various the stakeholders with potential for expansion.
- Oversee and finalize the development and training relevant to the schools and community at large.
- Maintain a high quality of training tools and develop an effective methodology for training consistent with best international practices.
- Develop evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE, with expansion into other slums in consideration.
- Facilitate and spearhead functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Supervise staff in the department going by the guidelines set up by the board of UJAMAA/NO MEANS NO WORLDWIDE.
- Attend,contribute and prepare the minutes of the management committee meetings.
- Facilitate the conduct of meetings and communicate decisions to the relevant departments.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships between departments.
- Ensure that departments have the necessary resources to operate efficiently.
- Ensure that the board is furnished with Management reports in timely fashion.
- Any other duties management deems necessary to assign.
- Excellent information and management skills.
- Super organized.
- Quick and Direct thinker.
- Ability to work in a high paced/high pressure environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Humility and pragmatism.
- Ability to work within tight reporting schedules.
- Should exercise sound judgment.
- Good communication skills.
- Quick Learner-open to new and diverse ways of thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with excellent organization and planning .
- Knowledge of business development concepts and a mind tuned into innovative concepts.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and execute management functions, financial and accounting policies, rules and procedures.
- Experience working in development sector in Administration and Finance management.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a diverse and heavy workload, working under pressure and strict adherence to tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills.
- Must have attained a B+ or above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and Accounting or Management
- a Master’s degree in any Business Management related field, would be an added advantage and
- with least 3 years experience in the same capacity in the NGO/Private Sector.
NO CANVASSING, only EMAIL applications to the above address will be considered.
– See more at: http://joblistkenya.com/ujamaa-means-worldwide-business-manager-job-korogocho-slums-nairobi-kenya.html/#sthash.LeeNBhGi.dpuf