Uchumi HR Expert (Talent & Performance Management) Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: Uchumi HR Expert (Talent & Performance Management) in Kenya
Career opportunity: Uchumi HR Expert (Talent & Performance Management) in Kenya
HR Expert – Talent & Performance Management
Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner
Key Job Accountabilities
- Deliver the annual Performance Dialogue cycle for the organization and continuously drive a high performance culture in Uchumi ensuring awareness on best practice on performance management and linkage to other people processes
- Management of manpower plans with departmental heads inclusive of budget and timely execution.
- Develop, plan and execute resourcing/talent acquisition methodology and resourcing / workforce plan in support of business requirements and the company’s staffing needs.
- Management of the recruitment strategy to ensure effective vendor management, quality of delivery and best possible Return on Investment (ROI) and multiple sourcing channels and resources (direct/indirect) to ensure the talent bench continues to grow and improve.
- Manage the Uchumi Internship & Graduate Trainees programmes for successful college recruiting and university relations strategy
- Position USL Brand fostering consistency between Employment Value Proposition and Employee Life Cycle touching points.
- Oversee on-boarding and induction program to ensure candidate’s experience is consistent with the brand promise
- Manage the talent identification and nominations cycle and ensure standardized implementation across the business for all divisions;
Qualifications, Specific Skills & Experience required for role
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, HR or Business related field
- Human Resources related Higher Diploma
- Member of Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM)
- Proficient computer user skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent people handling skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of competency based recruitment methodology
- Sound knowledge of human resources issues, HR policies & procedures.
- Good organization and planning skills
- Knowledge on workforce planning, sourcing and recruiting processes
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to express an opposing view effectively and diplomatically
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- 3 – 5 Years work experience in a HR role
Leadership Competencies & Desired Level
- Understand the business environment: Understands team goals and company business drivers and shows how personal contribution impacts the business
- Practice what you preach: Takes responsibility for own actions and consequences; interacting with integrity and honesty
- Results focus: Achieves results in compliance with USL values; shows a drive to achieve ambitious performance and quality standards
- Know yourself: Actively seeks feedback from others and takes every opportunity to learn and grow
- Proactive co-operation: Gains the trust and support of others, actively contributing ideas for the team’s success
- Initiative: Anticipates future problems and works to minimize or prevent them as well as contributes to continuous improvement
If interested kindly apply by sending CV to email@example.com