Uchumi HR Expert (Compensation & Employee / Industrial Relations) Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Job opportunitty: Uchumi HR Expert (Compensation & Employee / Industrial Relations) in Kenya
Employment vacancy: Uchumi HR Expert (Compensation & Employee / Industrial Relations) in Kenya
HR Expert – Compensation & Employee / Industrial Relations
Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner
Purpose of the Job: (What is the value added by this role, the overall aim, the reason that this role is required?)
To assist the HRM in ensuring that the key policies and regulations are implemented and handling of staff welfare & compensation.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Ensure implementation of the USL HR Policy & Procedures manual and provide employees and line management with guidance on matters arising thereof.
- Manage with Departments, the investigation of disciplinary and grievance, ensuring an effective an just turnaround time, including employee separation as appropriate.
- Oversee/manage the Collective Bargaining Sessions (CBA), Disciplinary and Grievance Handling processes.
- Enhance employee engagement by facilitating Employee Engagement Surveys and facilitate action plan sessions with various departments.
- Manage overtime and leave liability processes in liaison with line management.
- Assist the HR Manager to develop wellness programs to promote work-life balance. Cascade identified wellness programs to all employees (Be a wellness ambassador)
- Payroll Management: ensure payroll inputs and reporting and ensure compliance in all relevant legal and business requirements.
- Engagement with line mangers to advise on employee relations & industrial relations issues
Qualifications, Specific Skills & Experience required for role
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, HR or Business Related field.
- Human Resources related Higher Diploma
- Member of Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM)
- Proficient computer user skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent people handling skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Specialist knowledge of Labour Legislation and practice
Leadership Competencies & Desired Level
- Understand the business environment: Understands team goals and company business drivers and shows how personal contribution impacts the business
- Practice what you preach: Takes responsibility for own actions and consequences; interacting with integrity and honesty
- Results focus: Achieves results in compliance with USL values; shows a drive to achieve ambitious performance and quality standards
- Know yourself: Actively seeks feedback from others and takes every opportunity to learn and grow
- Proactive co-operation: Gains the trust and support of others, actively contributing ideas for the team’s success
- Initiative: Anticipates future problems and works to minimize or prevent them as well as contributes to continuous improvement
If interested kindly apply by sending CV to email@example.com