Feb 2016 Tropical Heat Head of HR Jobs Recruitment Kenya
Career Vacancy: Head of Human Resource Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: Today Head of HR Work Kenya
Career vacancy: Deepa Industries (Tropical Heat)
Career Position: Head of Human Resource
Purpose of the Positions:
- To provide overall HR support to enhance business performance through appropriate advice and facilitation of robust, integrated people management strategies and processes.
- Ensure the maintenance of a Healthy Business environment through strict compliance with HR Policies as defined by the Company and Local Regulatory Authorities.
- Administer systems of leaves, sick offs, absenteeism and ensure proper leave schedule is maintained to ensure schedule is maintained for entire organization keeping in mind the busy times within our organization and need for staff at the right time.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit on basis of requirement discussed with the department head, interview and select suitable applicants.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and recommend needed changes.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards organizational objectives
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Plan, direct supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations
- Analyze training needs in the organization and design employee development, training programs
- Maintain updated and proper records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals and absenteeism
- Analyze statistical data and to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Ensure updated filing for all staff and proper record maintenance for every staff within the organization
- Calculate the payroll, necessary deductions if applicable for any staff and inform the Finance on the final commuted list of salaries and advances payable, checked and verified.
- Prepare and update HR reports
- Holder of a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in Human Resource Management or related field.
- A minimum of 5 three years’ experience in developing and implementing HR Policies and Procedures.
- A Higher diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- People management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local HR Laws and procedures is a must
- Must be skilled and proficient in MS package & Payroll software
- A good listener and Manager of personal resources, time and a critical thinker & doer.
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and professional ethical values.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.