Treasury Manager Job in Mombasa Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Treasury Manager in Mombasa Kenya
Career vacancy:Treasury Manager in Mombasa Kenya
Job Ref.: MRL-277642
The company is seeking to recruit a Treasury Manager with the ability to build a high performance team who can operate productively efficiently with minimal supervision.
- To assess, plan and manage efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
- To monitor current and projected cash inflows and outflows to ensure that there is sufficient cash to fund company operations, as well as to ensure that excess cash is properly invested.
- Engage in considerable prudence to ensure existing assets are safeguarded through the use of safe forms of investment and hedging activities
- Prepare and monitor 6 months cash flow forecasts including daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Prepare actual cash flow against projected; analyse and report variances.
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow daily.
- Effective management and monitoring of Cash, Inventory, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to improve on cash flow/ liquidity.
- Monitor daily cash/bank account position. Manage shortfalls, inform Finance Manager of requirements on a daily basis and push for collections/arrange funds.
- Manage cash to maximize availability of cash not invested.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Attend scheduled meetings with banks to plan cash management.
- Analyse on cost benefit of proposed investments before making decisions.
- Understand and assess risk verses returns of all investment before making any decision.
- Follow Investment strategies as per group guidelines.
- Control and mitigate risk while seeking to optimize portfolio returns.
- Manage all aspects of in-house investment portfolios.
- Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
- Ensure funds are available on maturity of loans.
- Ensure zero default on statutory payments/financial obligations.
- Continuously monitor foreign exchange movement and risks the company is exposed to and measure the net exposure of the company on a weekly basis.
- Hedge transaction risks based on best financial products available from the banks.
- Follow group guidelines on Forex Exchange management.
- Measure, monitor, control and reporting interest rate exposures as well as manage interest rate risk.
- Nurture positive relationships with financial agencies and other stakeholders.
- Ensure zero default on financial commitments.
- Obtain/renew/revise working capital facilities, including cost of borrowing.
- Timely and accurate treasury reporting to management on a monthly basis.
- Provide financial information to banks as per agreements.
- To monitor and review status using QlikView web portal
- A degree in Finance
- A fully qualified accountant with CPA (K), CFA, ACCA, CA
- Proficiency in SAP ERP FI, CO modules preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the manufacturing industries will be an added advantage
The organisation subscribes to market-related remuneration.
Qualified applicants should submit a comprehensive CV, together with a covering letter supporting the application, to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.