Training Specialist Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Training Specialist in Kenya
Career vacancy:Training Specialist in Kenya
Department: Sales and Distribution
Reason for Vacancy: Replacement
Report To: Head of Agency Sales
Key Objective(s) of the Job: To independently implement blended training solutions to address multi-discipline training needs & facilitates transfer of learning into the respective business units within Sales and Distribution Department.
To identify business customers and engage them around specific training needs; informed by project specific requirements and aligned to clear business objectives in order to ensure return on investment in training and compliance with legislation.
To perform gap analysis on previously trained individuals or teams within the business in order to proactively identify specific and appropriate training needs going forward.
To consult the company’s preferred training supplier list or company’s specific developed curriculum in order to identify potential training solutions to provide to the business customer.
To take responsibility for the design and development of bespoke training programmes which meet all accreditation criteria as well as company’s specific business rules in order to mitigate the risk associated with non-compliance.
To liaise with subject matter experts internally in order to quality assure training against design, content and training standards criteria in order to ensure that the requisite skills are provided to the business.
To take responsibility for planning, coordinating and delivering training to the relevant target audience in order to ensure an optimum learning environment and skill transfer in line with the needs analysis and scope determined.
To conduct assessments on trained individuals in respect of both theory and practical learning in order to ensure the return on investment of the training.
To conduct moderation in respect of all training interventions in order to ensure the validity, fairness and transparency of the training interventions at company.
To evaluate on an ongoing basis the extent to which training programmes are meeting the core business need and ensuring the best use of company’s resources.
To provide ongoing formal and informal support to learners post training in order to ensure application of skills acquired during the training in a consistent manner across the group of learners.
Qualifications, Job Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business or Social Related Studies or an equivalent qualification
- Certified Professional Trainer/TOT from a recognized body
- Insurance Certification will be an advantage
- Experience of working in a training environment for about 3 years.
- Broader knowledge of Training programmes offered in Department, BU or Group.
- Outcomes Based Education/ Assessor & Moderator Training.
- Group Dynamics & facilitation techniques.
- Individual & Group Psychology
- Insurance Product / system /sales / legislation understanding.
- Knowledge of training needs analysis and training design
- Knowledge of presentation techniques and principles
- Business operations understanding.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal awareness
- Calm and analytical
- Ability to travel out of station
- Good knowledge in MS Office