Training Officer Job Vacancy – Kenya Institute of Management May 2016
Career opportunity:Training Officer – Kenya Institute of Management
Job Vacancy;Training Officer – Kenya Institute of Management
Vacancy: Officer, Training
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service / product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI / COYA / SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team in the following positions:
Purpose of the Job: The position holder will report to the Manager; Training and will be responsible for identifying, sourcing business opportunities and coordinating trainings.
- Explain to prospective clients the advantages of the KIM Training services and follow up to close the business deals.
- Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, prospects and presentations.
- Identify new business opportunities for the Training Department.
- Develop training proposals for new and existing customers.
- Develop creative strategies to retain the existing training department clients
- Coordinate trainings.
- Keep up to date with Industry developments in training practice and implement new innovations as appropriate.
- Respond to the client queries regarding KIM Training Services in a timely fashion.
- Attend networking events, trade and career fairs with an aim of sourcing for Training opportunities for the Institute.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Develop strong client relationships in order to generate high volume of prospective clients.
- Develop business plans in coordination with Manager; Training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business related field.
- Professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of working experience training & consultancy field.
- Highly proficient in computer applications.
- Skills in preparing budgets, plans and acting on the plans,
- Good presentations skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good technical competence in training.
- Industry knowledge of the training field.
- Planning and organization.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements/ qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 13th May 2016.
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
Or e-mail: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.