Total Solutions Limited Workshop Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Total Solutions Limited Workshop Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Total Solutions Limited Workshop Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client Total Solutions Limited is an integrated ICT solutions provider whose focus is to assist clients’ growth by offering them access to modern solutions in terms of fiscal devices, hardware & network solutions, software development and enterprise wide solutions.
It’s in this spirit they have retained a top position in Top 100 mid-size companies listing in Kenya for the last four years consecutively.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, this position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources (operational and human), schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Provide technical guidance and support to sales & consulting staff as may be required e.g. on projects and tenders.
- Ensure correct job cards and other documentation is created and that repairs records are correct and up to date.
- Provide oversight for job repairs and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities and condition and dispatching goods.
- Manage repair jobs, checking quality and ensuring timely completion and dispatch.
- Oversee helpdesk performance to regularly report on progress of each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of business as requested.
- Work with helpdesk team to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep communications channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate AMC services to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- In conjunction with technical & sales team members, investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- In conjunction with Services Manager, identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with interns/new staff to develop required skills.
- Provide feedback to team and Services Manager on staff that is not performing to expected level.
- Store and monitor usage of workshop tools and equipment and test supplies.
- Support and maintain internal IT infrastructure.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Applied Computer Science / IT / Electrical Engineering / Electronics
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network +
- 3– 5 years in a similar roles
- Experience in network installation & management, installation and support of windows servers, servicing & repairs of computers, laptops, printers.
- High technical skills in Unified Communication Solutions, Virtualization, Structured Cabling, Unified threat management solutions, Headset and telephony solutions.
- Experience in an IT workshop/service center environment.
- Experience in servicing and repair of Fiscal & Point of Sale equipment would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Quality and productivity focused
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 30th May 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.