Thermal Power Company Chief Operator Job in Kenya 2014
A well-established company operating one of the most efficient thermal power plant in Kenya located in the coastal region is seeking to recruit an experienced Chief Operator in the Operations department.
The incumbent will report to the Assistant Operations Manager and will work in a team to manage the operational function of the power plant in a safe, efficient, effective and economical manner during the designated shift.
- Overall in charge of all operational functions such as start, shut-down, stop and normal operations of diesel engines, boilers, steam turbine, separators, pumps and other auxiliary equipment, synchronising of generators, operation of breakers from the Control Room, etc. in accordance with the instructions given by the O&M Management.
- Be responsible for the best economical and environmental performance of the facility by means of daily observations, PPM (Plant Performance Management) and Maintenance system.
- Be responsible for informing, co-ordinating and relaying all pertinent information to the line manager and to ensure that production is in accordance with the terms of delivery issued by NCC.
- Responsible for supplying data for the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports as laid out in the O&M Management, complete and submit reports according to established procedures.
- Manage the operation of the plant without endangering any person’s safety and health.
- Supervise all levels of Plant Operators in designated shift
- Check the performance of the subordinates and conduct on-job training as may be necessary.
- Electrical or Mechanical Technical diploma/degree or equivalent
- 5 years relevant technical experience in a power plant or similar industry
- Ability to proactively manage a team and cooperate fully with management
- Flexible attitudes towards shift work with changing work hours caused by shift rotation.
- Interested in developing own capabilities and competences.
- Computer literate and able to communicate effectively.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria and would wish to be part of the team should email their applications and detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th July 2014