Tetra Tech ARD Deputy Chief of Party Job in Kenya at- USAID KIWASH Program
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont (http/) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in Kenya.
Position Description / Summary: USAID’s Kenya Integrated Wash Program (KIWASH)
Program Goal: at-scale adoption of sustainable models of WASH service delivery for a healthy, productive and resilient Kenya
- Institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery;
- Strengthen governance for resilient and sustainable management of WASH services and water resources.
- Scaled up market-based WASH service delivery models
- Increased access to sustainable financing/credit for WASH services
- Improved access to integrated WASH and nutrition services
- Increased environmental sustainability of WASH services
- Strengthened WASH services and water resources institutions
- Provide leadership, supervise and mentor local administrative and financial staff to effect sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence and the development of organizational and individual capacities.
- Identify and implement changes in administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance the cost effectiveness of program implementation.
- Execute operational planning/budgeting procedures and tools outlined in Tetra Tech ARD’s Standard Operating Procedures that require technical units to provide adequate advance notice of support needs to financial, administrative, logistical, HR, and procurement units.
- Assist the COP to arrange technical and administrative support for short-term consultants and contractors
- Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, and Tetra Tech ARD Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
- Support implementation efforts throughout Kenya when requested by the COP.
- Respond to pertinent information requests from project partners and other relevant organizations/institutions;
- Administer and manage the efficient utilization and maintenance of project resources, including vehicles, IT and office equipment and furnishings, and any other physical assets purchased by or assigned to the project;
- Advise the COP on all policy matters concerning project administration and financial management.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience managing USAID/USG funded projects.
- Excellent planning, management and organizational skills.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated skill in quickly assessing priorities and opportunities and managing a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged to apply;
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Apply on-line at:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas.