TechnoServe Program Assistant Career Recruitment in Kenya Dec 2015
Job Vacancy: Program Assistant Employment Kenya 2015
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
General Information: TechnoServe is an international, non-profit economic development organization founded in 1968 out of a conviction that a vibrant private sector is an essential foundation for economic growth and poverty reduction.
TechnoServe undertakes targeted, catalytic technical assistance and other programming to increase the competitiveness of entrepreneurs, businesses and industries that in-turn provide sustainable employment, inclusion of the poor and increased incomes.
TechnoServe operates in 26 developing countries with over 1000 employees.
For more information, visit www.technoserve.org
Program Description: Program Assistant Employment Kenya 2015
TechnoServe is implementing multiple Entrepreneurship programs
a) African Youth Agripreneurship program(AYAP) a Barclay’s funded pan-African program to supports youth entrepreneurship in the agriculture sector in South Africa, Ghana and Kenya.
The program will contribute to broader efforts to improve the economic status of youth through increased employment and income generating activities.
b) The Digital and Business solution for Dukas(DABS) in Kenya .
The program will work with small and family owned retail outlets from the informal settlements of Kenya to increase the financial return and growth.
The Entrepreneurship programs is seeking to engage a program assistant who will work in collaboration with the Program Manager, and the entire team in the implementation of the various substituent of the programs.
The Program Assistant will play a key role to support the Program teams throughout the Programs.
S/he will work closely with the team to ensure the smooth implementation of the programs according to approved schedule, budgets and required quality assurances.
Essential Job Functions: Program Assistant Employment Kenya 2015
- Assist with general program operations and field-based activity.
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that the program is running effectively and making best use of project resources.
- Ensure communication and updates are regularly shared internally with all the program staff.
- Assist program staff in coordinating logistics and project activities.
- Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of the programs.
- Coordinate events and training and travel plans with the staff.
- Participate in meetings as assigned.
- Conduct himself/ herself both professionally and personally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirement : Program Assistant Employment Kenya 2015
- A relevant University Degree.
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably with a NGO.
- Strong written and oral English language skills are required.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently when appropriate or necessary.
- Ability to support multiple programs
- Ability to organize and executive work plans and events.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Ability to have positive interactions and correspondence with partners.
- Demonstrated mastery of MS Office software such as Word and Excel.
Application Procedure: Program Assistant Employment Kenya 2015
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of cover letter, resume and three years’ salary history to email@example.com.
Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm, Monday 7th December 2015.
Note:-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females and individuals with disabilities.