Technical Business Development Manager (Power Solutions) Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Technical Business Development Manager (Power Solutions) in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Technical Business Development Manager (Power Solutions) in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Title: Technical Business Development Manager – Power Solutions
Industry: Technical Services
Salary: 120K – 150K
Our client provides power solutions, both grid & off grid and is looking to fill the position of a Business Development Manager.
He/she shall be responsible for all aspects of business development and sales in both established and new markets in Kenya.
The BDM will be responsible for leading the company’s’ team and working closely with current and future partners to ensure that the products reach consumers as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
- Manage sales team and work with the team in implementing sales, organization objectives that are aligned with the core distribution strategy of the company.
- Champion the company’s culture by building and maintaining excellent relationship with existing and potential new customers, deliver “Must Win Battles” for new business in customer development function
- Identify and develop new and creative strategic distribution channels and sales prospects in existing territories. Increase the business multi-fold with the existing clients
- Open up new markets to increase the region’s geographic coverage. Identify and appoint new distributors
- Roll-out new products and initiatives in the region.
- Support existing distribution partners with business planning and marketing support
- Partner with sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement fostering an organization of continuous learning and process improvement.
- Drive “Request for Quote” process with new prospects.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electricals/Electronics, Business, Marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in corporate sales
- Additional experience in sales and tendering will be an added advantage.
- Good technical knowledge of power solutions, static power back up systems, High Voltage (HV) Switchgears, LV boards is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with project management methods, tendering and service contracts.
- Good understanding of the Kenyan market.
- Ready and willing to travel.
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales growth through creative distribution partnerships.
- Experience with business-to-business sales and / or sales to consumer shall be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Technical Business Development Manager) to email@example.com before Thursday 5th May, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.