Sustainet East Africa Driver / Office Assistant Job in Kisumu Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Sustainet East Africa Driver / Office Assistant in Kisumu, Kenya
Career vacancy:Sustainet East Africa Driver / Office Assistant in Kisumu, Kenya
Position: Driver / Office Assistant
Duty Station: Kisumu – Kenya
Background: Sustainet East Africa is a member of non-governmental organization operating in East and Horns of African region.
The organization’s main focus is the promotion of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) among smallholder farmers.
The organization does this either through local NGOs and CBOs who are her members or direct implementation of Rural Development Projects / programmes.
We are committed to scaling up sustainable agricultural farming practices for enhanced food production and improved livelihoods.
Under the supervision of the Regional Project Coordinator, the driver/office assistant will perform the following tasks;
- Drive staff and authorized visitors to scheduled destination as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure the general maintenance of the motor vehicle (proper and timely service, mechanical repairs, valid insurance stickers and other road requirements).
- Maintain a valid driving license at all times while driving the office vehicle.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the motor vehicle at all times and ensure that it is in perfect condition at all times.
- Ensure timely reporting of any mechanical problem, accidents or incidences to the supervisor and the responsible officer while in the field.
- Maintain proper and updated mileage records for the vehicle.
- Ensure delivery and pick up of all office mails, documents and any other logistical work that may be assigned by the supervisors.
- Assist in getting quotations, invoices and receipts from the prospective suppliers and the current ones.
- Assist in the filing, photocopy, faxing and scanning of office documents.
- Send responses/queries raised in your department via email.
- Perform any other office duties as assigned by the supervisors
- Deliverables: Monthly progress report as per the agreed format
Successful candidate should possess the following qualification;
- Minimum of KCSE certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years of driving experience and Past experience with NGOs, Donor Agencies and project management would be added advantage.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Valid driving license.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates to submit letters of application and updated CV to; email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview on the 24th May 2016.
Successful candidate should be ready to commence work from 1st June 2016
Application Deadline: 20th May 2016