Supply Chain Manager Vacancy in Kenya – Broadband Communication Networks Limited April 2016
Job opportunity:Supply Chain Manager in Kenya – Broadband Communication Networks Limited
Career vacancy:Supply Chain Manager in Kenya – Broadband Communication Networks Limited
To meet our current business goals and objectives, we wish to recruit for the following positions.
Position: Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Finance & Administration
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership for all purchasing, warehouse, logistics and shipping activities with an effort to control costs while also improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of inventory.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Implement policies and procedures for preparation, administration and review of contract/trial contracts as per company policy;
- Implement and maintain a contract management framework based on different categories of goods and services.;
- Monitor and administer the business provisions of the contracts to ensure compliance with commercial contractual terms and conditions;
- Establish, negotiate, and manage with vendors, qualitative and quantitative commercial targets and other goals, objectives, and service levels;
- Monitoring of vendor performance against set criteria to ascertain the level of delivery and compliance to contracts in order to achieve service improvement and cost reduction;
- Identify and develop sourcing and cost reduction opportunities to lower costs and improve performance by managing and providing statistical trends and spend analysis;
- Perform industry research and analyze pricing/market trends and give recommendations to improve supply chain;
- Evaluate controls and implement procedures that ensure integrity of the data;
- Assist in the strategic commodity negotiation process;
- Develop and maintain a pricing and supplier performance evaluation matrix to be applied to specific contracts across the scope of the supply chain section.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be desirable;
- A minimum period of 8 years’ experience in Supply Chain , three of which must have been in a senior position in a reputable organization;
- Diploma in supply chain management from CIPS or its equivalent from a recognized (added advantage) institution;
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management;
- High ethical standards and integrity;