Supply Chain Assistant (Customs / Export) Career in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity:Supply Chain Assistant (Customs / Export) in Kenya
Career vacancy:Supply Chain Assistant (Customs / Export) in Kenya
Supply Chain Assistant – Customs / Export
Payment of product Taxes and Duties:
- Daily update of the schedule detailing all duties payable to KRA for all products.
- Raise duty payment Vouchers for all local product duty payments.
- To ensure Zero penalization by KRA due to late payment.
Management of bond securities & transit management:
- Management of all VEK security bonds utilization and cancellation to ensure optimum utility.
- Coordinate with C&F agents timely warehousing of all transit products and FIFO utilization.
- Raise transit and export orders through Agreement Module of JDE and ensure no loadings outside this system.
- Follow-up with C&F agents for timely loadings and exhaustion of Export and Transit entries.
- Follow-up with C&F agents for proper endorsements of entries by KRA and return for processing of bond replenishments.
- Follow-up with C&F agents to ensure timely bond cancellation at Times Towers.
- Ensure transit extensions are applied and grated timely by KRA to assure business continuity.
- Audit all loadings monthly to ensure all local and transit loadings captured by KRA’s COSIS system records tally with VEK’s & VEU’s records.
- Carry out regular bond securities’ audits to ensure they are only utilized for VEK’s operations, timely retirement and execution of new ones and compliance with all KRA requests and demands.
- Ensure at no one time is VEK not able to deliver transit products due to unavailability of sufficient bond.
- Ensure Zero penalizations by KRA due to expired transit periods.
Compliance with KRA regulations
- Maintain daily communications with KRA to ensure no negative publicity related to compliance issues and if any raise it immediately with supervisor.
- Action on all non-compliance issues raised by KRA immediately they are raised and get formal confirmations from KRA on close-out of each.
- Monitor changes in the above regulatory environment and focal points on the best way to comply.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation with KRA KOSF to ensure all imported products have been fully accounted for and captured in KRA records.
- Reconciliation of all KRA demands from Customs Services Department to ensure close-out and formal communication of the same by KRA.
- Monthly reporting of all outstanding KRA demands
- Support to all business Units in VEK when declaring imports and exports to ensure correct documentation.
- Follow up Refunds lodged at Times Tower to ensure timely payments and negotiate with KRA for maximum payments.
- Daily follow-up of the C&F agents to ensure they deliver their daily.
- Follow-up with C&F agents to ensure timely reporting and close-out of actions both raised in the reports and monthly KPI meetings.
- Coordinate monthly KPI review meetings for the two C&F agents.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A working knowledge with relevant Tax laws (East Africa Community Customs Management Act)
- Good business relationship and contacts with relevant Tax authority teams .
- Good experience in C&F operations and processes.
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts and their application. Especially Microsoft Office – Excel /MS Access, JDE.
- Working knowledge of JDE Supply Operator module .
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online