Supermarket Chain Systems & Regional Support Manager Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity:Supermarket Chain Systems & Regional Support Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy;Supermarket Chain Systems & Regional Support Manager in Kenya
Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of Systems & Regional Support Manager.
Job Purpose / Summary: To Manage Business Systems, databases, systems integrations, application systems and the supporting infrastructure in order to ensure consistent and reliable IT Services.
Manage service delivery of various teams coordinating IT systems in regions to improve efficiency, productivity and create value add to IT services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and ensure that systems change and projects rollouts follow the best practice.
- Manage the Configuration, inventory update processes and IT capacity management of all the branches allocated while making necessary recommendation for upgrades
- Analyse business processes / system challenges identifying alternative solutions and recommending / enforcing new approaches.
- Manage Regional branch Hardware (Server & Desktop) and software support & upgrades planning and participation in systems rollouts.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services ensuring that such problems are fully documented within relevant system(s). Coordinate the implementation of agreed systems fixes and preventative measures and analyse patterns and trends.
- Develop and maintain system preventive maintenance schedule, ensuring that all IT systems & printer equipment are periodically serviced in line with Overall quarterly scheduled for the corporate while Managing Various SLAs with Vendors.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance from the regions and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, and changes in configuration.
- Manage/Evaluate business & system requirements against current hardware configurations for the new solutions and system upgrades/ enhancements.
- Evaluate controls & procedures for compliance with the organization’s policies, standards, procedures and applicable external requirements.
- Maintaining and monitoring procedures for all POS Machines and server backups pertaining to site ERP system. Ensuring that Replication/data update for the region is taking place and necessary tills configuration is maintained.
- Ensure standardization and documentation of systems or systems code changes, support techniques, and adherence to defined IT processes in order to ensure availability and reliability of systems (POS till environment) and services.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 4-6 years of working experience in a busy IT environment with remote locations.
- MCSD/MCDA and SQL / Microsoft NAV 2009/2013 Certifications
- Project Managements Certification ( Prince 2 or PMP Certificate)
- IT service Management ( ITIL Certification).
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise resource planning (ERPs) and Processes Retail Environment.
- Understanding of how SQL, NAV interfaces and depends on WAN, Operating systems, hardware platforms & Internet Protocols.
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft SQL & NAV Native databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage change & teams
- Excellent Analytical & presentation skills
- Strong team leader & player of high integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under minimum or no supervision
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 18th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.