Supermarket Chain E-Commerce Manager Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity:Supermarket Chain E-Commerce Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy:Supermarket Chain E-Commerce Manager in Kenya
Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of E-Commerce Manager
Job Purpose / Summary: The E-Commerce program manager will be responsible for creating and implementing all aspects of the marketing plan which will include activities such as creating cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, email promotions and communications, advertising across channels, content development, conversion optimization and seasonal promotions.
This individual will lead the development of engaging E-Commerce-related content and online merchandising activities to improve site conversion, average order value, and repeat traffic / purchases.
The manager must profitably acquire new customers through digital advertising, PR, social media, search engine marketing, display advertising, and other marketing programs.
This individual will increase customer retention and lifetime value through effective use of database marketing/CRM techniques and targeted email marketing.
The E-Commerce manager will be responsible for all E-Commerce product NPIs. He/she will gather all required product data and submit requests for new product shells.
In addition to the NPIs, he/she will manage any product life cycle changes Lastly, the E-Commerce program manager will be responsible for delivering on all project deliverables, performance metrics, online channel sales, and other business KPIs. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop E-Commerce capabilities for C/MS products on thermofisher.com which will drive aggressive sales goals and optimization of site-wide key performance indicators.
- Manage the division’s e-commerce program through detailed forecasting, budget development and oversight, revenue generation and marketing activities in conjunction with other teams.
- Work with the digital marketing and corporate web teams to enhance the user experience on the website with the goal of greater customer loyalty, enhanced look/feel, and increased product pull through with each order.
- Lead the development of cross-divisional programs that promote cross-sell and up-sell across the website.
- Work with product management, marketing, and strategic pricing teams to ensure alignment for promotion planning and markdown strategy, while maintaining a wide breadth of available products.
- Understand core metrics traffic and conversion analysis. Monitor results and improve conversion.
- Create effective customer communication campaigns to increase click through rates, conversions, new customer acquisition and retention.
- Devise organic search strategies specific to online commerce. Work with search engine optimization analyst to test and recommend optimal search engine optimization strategies for the website.
- Oversee paid strategy, implementation & execution of all online marketing campaigns, including search, display advertising, video, retargeting, and display networks
- Collaborate with the e Business Program Manager to create A/B tests to maximize conversion.
- Provide key metrics at established cadence with a recap of product performance and sales. Highlight primary tactics that drove sales.
- Gather required product data information from various teams (e.g. product management, trade compliance, regulatory, planning, and manufacturing, etc.)
- Submit new requests for new products and lifecycle changes.
- Ensure data consistency between ERPs shared across the businesses.
- Track and share B2B and B2C E-Commerce trends as well as competitive landscape information.
- Monitor competitor marketing efforts and industry trends to take appropriate pre-emptive and responsive action.
- Measure customer satisfaction through online surveys and make recommendations for modifications based on customer feedback.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, IT or related field.
- Experience working on websites for global or multinational companies.
- 4-6 years’ experience in E-Commerce environment (B2B and B2C experience preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of contemporary digital marketing, e-Business, E-Commerce, UI/UX, and general website best practices.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- An ability to think strategically as well as execute and implement.
- Ability to create a collaborative team environment and complete projects that bridge multiple departments and divisions.
- Strong analytical/modelling skills with the ability to convert raw data into actionable insights.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills (able to communicate ideas with senior leaders, able to create and deliver persuasive business cases & marketing content, able to gain consensus, able to create compelling messaging, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate feedback and translate into requirements and business process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Be able to work independently with minimal direction or guidance.
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com before close of business 18th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.