SUNY-AHADI HR / Administration Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;SUNY-AHADI HR / Administration Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;SUNY-AHADI HR / Administration Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya
Vacancy: HR / Administration Assistant
Background Information: The Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) is a five year USAID program implemented by the State University of New York’s (SUNY) Center for International Development (CID).
AHADI is designed to support Kenya’s vision and agenda for achieving the promise of devolution.
The program’s interventions aim to promote governance systems that are transparent, accountable, effective in service delivery, and responsive to empowered citizens by working at both the national and county government levels.
AHADI has three main objectives;
- Targeted counties provide higher quality services through improved governance
- Improved representation of citizen interests and oversight of targeted county government performance
- Functionality and effectiveness of the devolved system increased through intra-government engagement and cooperation.
Though AHADI is primarily a Democracy Rights and Governance (DRG) project focused on improving the governance of Kenya’s new decentralized, system, it is also designed to have substantial impact on other sectors, as well.
AHADI therefore takes a sectorial approach in achieving its overall governance objectives.
These sectors include but are not limited to good governance, resilience and economic growth, education, health and WASH.
The USAID AHADI project is currently seeking to recruit one (1) skilled, talented and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Position Title: HR / Administration Assistant
- Diploma in Administration, Human Resource or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy environment.
- USAID program experience an additional value.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Person of high integrity and confidentiality. Should be highly organized and decisive.
- Honesty, confidentiality and integrity required.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships is essential.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds constructive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and is committed to meeting the needs in a timely and accurate manner. Listens actively and attentively and demonstrates an appreciation of other perspectives. Builds the appropriate rapport required to do business.
- Decision-Making and Accountability: Considers the organization’s vision, mission, and values in making decisions and taking actions.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement: Ability and willingness to continually seek greater efficiency in State University of New York programs, is results driven, and meets changing requirements in work or direction. Adapts to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Personal and Work Ethics: Creates own measures of excellence, and practices what he/she promotes. Sets goals that provide challenges and measures goal attainment regularly.
If you possess the skills and qualifications as contained in the position description, Please send (1) a Cover letter (2) CV and (3) References from three Professional Referees, one referee should be previous or a current supervisor
Closing date: 26th April 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the subject for the position you are applying for.
Applications without the subject line will not be evaluated.
SUNY-AHADI is an equal opportunities employer.