Structural Engineer Job in Nairobi, Kenya – Steel Fabrication Firm May 2016
Job opportunity;Structural Engineer in Nairobi, Kenya – Steel Fabrication Firm
Career vacancy;Structural Engineer in Nairobi, Kenya – Steel Fabrication Firm
A leading Steel Fabrication Firm that specializes in the design, fabrication and erection of all types of structural steelworks is seeking to recruit a Structural Engineer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The ideal candidate MUST have experience in the design of commercial / residential / industrial buildings / high rise buildings.
He/she MUST have a sound understanding of steel fabrication drawings and understand the process involved in the design and fabrication of steelworks.
- Planning and preparing of engineering drawings and documents.
- Coordinating between architecture and other engineering systems.
- Analysing designing and detailing structural elements of steel masonry and concrete buildings.
- Performing engineering calculations.
- Complying with building codes.
- Performing field inspections and site condition surveys.
- Reviewing contractor submittals.
- Producing quality work through the use of technology and methodologies that create innovative approaches to building design.
- Bachelor’s or masters in civil or structural engineering.
- Design in structural steel works using Etabs, Staad pro, Prokon, Oasys.
- FEA analysis method of calculation.
- Good understanding of steel design, fabrication and drawings.
- BIM modelling.
- Understands AutoCAD.
- Understands the process involved in the design and fabrication of steelworks.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive depending on experience
Deadline: 30th June 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.