Store Keeper Job Vacancy in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Store Keeper in Kenya
Career vacancy:Store Keeper in Kenya
Summary: They are seeking to recruit focused, self-driven professionals of high integrity. This is meant to build capacity as a result of their expanding business regionally.
Reports to the Supply Chain Manager
- Track all machines issued to stations.
- Perform regular audits on incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Compare on-hand inventory, sales orders, computer records and order forms to ensure all procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Carry out monthly stock takes and carry out investigation determine the source of an inventory discrepancy.
- Create and maintain accurate records including inventory lists, inventory records, and reorder levels; detail any inventory shortages and keep an overall inventory balance and master list for easy reference.
- Proper company procedure must be followed as part of the recording process.
- Work together with the Distribution Officer to dispatch merchandise to stations. This will involve packing, addressing and sending merchandise. Should be knowledgeable with courier and postal service procedures.
- Receive and document merchandise as it arrives at the store. This will include assisting with unloading, unpacking, counting, recording and stocking.
- He/she has to verify that the delivered merchandise is accurate and in good condition; has been ordered through a valid LPO; and is accompanied by a delivery note and invoice.
- Process Goods Received Note, delivery notes and invoices and forward to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Inform the Supply Chain Manager when reorder levels are reached.
- Any other duties as given by supervisor or management.
- Diploma in purchasing and supplies management from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in a busy procurement environment
- Demonstrated knowledge in store procedures such as pallet arrangement, counting, calculating inventory, measuring liquid quantities, record keeping and data entry
- Good listening, reading comprehension and oral communication skills
- Typing, filing and data-entry experience for recording inventory in computer systems.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Innovative in reducing pilferage.
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2233”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2233, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th May 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.