St. Francis Community Hospital General Surgeon Job in Kenya April 2016
Job vacancy;St. Francis Community Hospital General Surgeon in Kenya
Career oppportunity:St. Francis Community Hospital General Surgeon in Kenya
Qualification: Post graduate Degree in General Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Experience of two years and above practicing as general surgeon
- Expected to be conducting surgical ward rounds, consultation with all the hospital consultants and ensuring that the surgical patients are well managed with good patient history management profile.
- Ensuring that before operation the theater is well prepared, equipped with surgical instruments required for the surgery.
- Should provide all the information and risks associated with the surgery to the patient.
- Should be able to manage, plan and schedule the surgery procedures for the week and document. Copies of the surgery list should be shared with administration.
- Should have required good skills to use the surgical instruments and examine instruments, equipment, and operating room to ensure sterility.
- Ensure monthly inventory of both theatres is conducted and documented. Any procurement of supplies and equipment required ordered in good time.
- Liaising with other consultants especially in surgical cases.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to the hospital medical officers and clinical officers’ staffs to ensure smooth management of patients.
- Should also have good tolerance levels, since; he/she may be expecting to undergo longer hours than scheduled.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- Should demonstrate leadership skills, good decision-making power and ready to work in emergency situations under tremendous pressure.
- Prescribe pre-operative and post-operative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment of the patient’s daily management.
- Should accelerate the performance of the surgical department services. Set target of over 15-20 operation cases per week. Provide monthly surgical procedure report and shared with Administration.
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark the job title as your subject on the application letter and attach detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be sent by latest April 15, 2016.