Spencon Uganda Human Resources Manager Job Vacancy May 2016
Job opportunity:Spencon Uganda Human Resources Manager
Career vacancy;Spencon Uganda Human Resources Manager
**This job opening is only open to qualified Ugandan nationals**
Role Purpose: The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, management of the human resource function, and coordination of all HR activities in Spencon Services Ltd, Uganda.
Reporting Line: The incumbent will be based in Kampala, Uganda and administratively report to Country Manager, and functionally to Group Head of Human Resources.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems; plan, organize and control all activities of the department.
- Custodian of the in-house performance management system and related tools, and monitors effectiveness as required.
- Implement and annually update compensation programmes; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget); analyze compensation.
- Develop, recommend and implement HR policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures; perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, and effect required changes related to employee life cycle management.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services provided to Spencon Uganda.
- Responsible for periodic re-evaluation of HR activities and policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; maintain all company HR records, provide monthly reports to Country Manager, and Group Head of Human Resources as required.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee staff list/directory and keeps them current.
- Conduct recruitment for all positions ; writes and places advertisements; carry out new-employee orientations; monitor career-paths, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviews;
- Take the lead in Staff meetings and attend other meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel: Travel is primarily to project sites during the business day, although some overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with ten (10) years’ demonstrable experience preferably in a similar role.
- A master’s degree in business administration or human resource management would be an added advantage.
- A recognized HR management certification.
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
Supervisory Responsibility: This position manages some HR and admin direct reports and will be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Country Manager, Uganda
- Group Head of Human Resources
- Country Head of Finance, Uganda
- All staff
- Representatives from Statutory bodies
- HR Services vendors e.g. employee benefits providers
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications letters and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 13th May 2016.