SOS Children’s Villages National Director Job in Nairobi Kenya 2014
The ideal candidate must be motivated by challenging situations, have clear understanding of child rights issues in Kenya as well as have programme development and fund-raising knowledge and experience.
The Country Director’s Role will be to:
- Lead the strategic planning and positioning processes to ensure sustainability and relevance of the organization’s work including ensuring operational effectiveness of all programmes to guarantee quality child-care according to defined standards.
- Formulate and implement monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for programmes and facilities to ensure that agreed SOS International strategies, accountability standards and policies are implemented.
- Promote long-term-stability and financial self-sufficiency by pursuing support from government and private sources with the aim of maximising the fundraising potential in the country and beyond.
- Ensure the effective and sustainable management of the organization’s financial and other resources.
- Implement an efficient performance management and human resource development system and build the human capacity to ensure long-term growth and stability and provide capacity building and technical support as needed.
- Pursue advocacy objectives within NGO child rights forums in partnership within other stakeholders.
- A good understanding of child rights and child development issues in a developing country.
- Experience in developing, nurturing and implementing social development programmes and fund raising through establishment of long-term partnerships with stakeholders.
- Strong influential and executive leadership style, be an articulate and confident manager able to spur confidence in the organization, working closely with the Board of Trustees.
- Notable success working with and building high performance and successful teams in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent networking ability, persuasive communication, marketing and fundraising skills.
- Computer literate
- Graduate, with a degree in relevant field from a recognised University