SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti Salary Review and Job Grading Exercise Consultancy Opportunity May 2016
Job opportunity:SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti Salary Review and Grading Exercise Consultancy Opportunity
Career vacancy:SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti Salary Review and Grading Exercise Consultancy Opportunity
Request for Proposals of Consultancy Services:
Salary Review and Job Grading Exercise for SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti
Background: SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti has been operating in Djibouti for the past 3 years. Presently, SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti has three (3) projects: Children Village in Tadjourah, Kindergarten, E Learning Centre and the National Coordination Office with total staff complement of 66.
Invitation for Proposals: SOS Children’s Villages Djibouti now invites eligible Consultants to submit technical and financial proposals for the provision of the Consultancy services to conduct a comprehensive review of the salaries, and job grading system.
Terms of References
Specific objectives of the salary review and grading process are to:
- Design salary scales relative to the INGO and Labour market sector for SOS CVI Djibouti and make recommendations for appropriate salary scales that will enable the SOS CVI Djibouti to attract, motivate and retain competent and engaged workforce to achieve its mandate.
- Review existing benefits allowances in terms of structure, method of payment and rates of pay relative to market trends in a similar environment, and make recommendations.
- Review the effect of implementation of the recommendations versus affordability and sustainability of the recommendations (Cost implication analysis of the recommended scales)
- Investigate and document the pros and cons of the present salary structure versus a total remuneration package, and make recommendations based on the findings for an effective pay structure.
- Come up with an organizational structure that is functional for Djibouti.
- Work with the grading team to properly grade the existing job profiles in Djibouti.
- Recommend implementation plan and migration of coworkers to new proposed salary scales.
- The salary survey should be completed in a period not exceeding two months.
The following are expected deliverables of the project:
a) Inception report (which will include the work plan, methodology and proposed time lines) one Week after the project commencement. Work plan to include reporting structure, templates and communication strategy for the assignment.
b) Current situation assessment report (Submission timeline as agreed).
c) Draft report (Submission timeline as agreed).
d) Final report with recommendations and an action plan for Implementation process.
The Consultant to carry out this study must fulfil all the categories stated below:
- An advanced degree in Human Resources Sciences, Management, Leadership and Change Management.
- A deeper understanding of non-profit organization in Djibouti and Salary review and grading consultancy
- Well knowledgeable on the labour legislation in Djibouti
- Demonstrate capability and understanding to undertake the Assignment.
- Illustration of capability to provide the Consulting Services using a selection of previous client assignments.
- Fees for Undertaking the Assignment.
Submission of Proposals: Proposals indicating the technical and financial proposals should be submitted on or before 27th May 2016.
However due to the urgency, proposals will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
Proposals must be clearly marked “Consultancy to undertake a Salary Review and Job Grading exercise for SOS Children’s Villages, Djibouti” and must be addressed and submitted as hard copies and delivered to:
The CVI Representative
SOS Children Villages International
Regional Office for ESAF Region, 69 Rhapta road, Westlands
P.O Box 511-00606, Nairobi, Kenya
Attention of: Human Resources and Organizational Development