Soko Technical Product Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity:Soko Technical Product Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Soko Technical Product Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: CEO, acting as interim CTO / CIO
Contract Level: Standard, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Role: The technical product manager is responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases.
- Take a lead role in defining the technical objectives within the system to reach scale and achieve our business objectives; including proactively documenting and proposing next generation technology implementations, applications design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design.
- Able to work with other department managers to meet the company’s technological and project goals, creating software, defining dependencies and use cases, and designating tasks to employees for a smooth operation.
- Responsible for presenting solutions to the global management teams and partners.
- Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to fit new technology releases to support the future.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders. Own the project prioritization across the team and define project scope and roll-out, designated tasks and mentor technical team members to achieve the projects on time and in good quality.
- Work closely with the Senior Software Engineers to mentor and grow them as key players in the organization long term.
- Provide creative approaches & critical thinking around data to support a data driven culture throughout the organisation.
- Collect, analyze, and present actionable data to drive marketing, business development and product management decisions at a senior level.
- Design, implement, and support a platform that can provide structured and ad-hoc access to datasets
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying the current- and future-state business processes.
- Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends in the user base.
- Collaborate with developers to define and set up A/B testing of new features and functionality on the platform.
- Responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases.
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Lead the deployment and delivery of solutions using primarily agile development techniques.
- Strict deadlines and long hours are part of the job, and one needs to have flexibility and open communication at all times while working within strict budgets.
- Willing to innovate, experiment and fail fast to build robust solutions
- At least 5 years experience managing technical teams.
- Masters in Computer Science or MBA or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application
- An excellent understanding of application design and architecture, including database interactions, server side scripting, form handling and general application development.
- Significant experience of internet and networking technologies and protocols, including HTTP, TCP, IP, SMSC, SMPP.
- Experienced in using Source Control (SVN/Git).
- Experience of using Agile development methods across a number of teams, automated builds and continuous integration.
- Expertise in building clean, api driven code
- Experience in interfacing with complex back-end systems
- Proven experience of Web Services (Rest/SOAP)
- Willing to work hard, learn and meet tight schedules
If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER