Site Nurses Jobs in Nairobi Kenya – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) April 2016
Job opportunity;Site Nurses in Nairobi Kenya – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Career vacancy;Site Nurses in Nairobi Kenya – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Vacancy: Site Nurses (2)
Introduction: Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
Position Summary: Under the supervision of Facility Incharge, the Site Nurse will provide nursing services particularly in Maternal and Child Health and HIV care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform patient assessments and determination of presenting health care problems of clients.
- Work hand in hand with the clinical officers to implement patients Plan of Care.
- Review TB status for all patients
- Ensure that laboratory results are filed and communicated to the patients at all times
- Initiate and monitors patient’s adherence plan and ongoing health education.
- Consult with clinic team if patient not meeting the goals of treatment.
- Evaluate the treatment plan of patients on every clinic visit.
- Assess the work environment for safety concerns and seeks out appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that patient records are well maintained in consultation with the clinician.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience, 1 year of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of PMTCT services.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- NASCOP Certification in Provision of both adult and pediatric ART, and PMCT preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and PMTCT service delivery.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by Friday April 29, 2016.