SHOFCO Lab Technologist Job in Kibera, Nairobi May 2016
Job opportunity:SHOFCO Lab Technologist in Kibera, Nairobi
Career vacancy:SHOFCO Lab Technologist in Kibera, Nairobi
Position: Lab Technologist
Job Scope: This role will be to receive, verify, analyze and record results on appropriate forms and report results promptly to the clinical staff.
- Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests
- Ensuring availability and optimum utilization of reagents
- Specimen collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting and dispatch of results from patients.
- Preparation and storage reagents
- Documenting all processes and results to ensure availability of supportive information
- Implementing all set stock control procedures to ensure accountability
- Ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external community members
- Compile reports on activities undertaken
- Maintain high standards in good laboratory practice, laboratory safety, and laboratory hygiene
- Any other official duty that relates to your work.
- Must have excellent knowledge and previous experience in microbiology and light microscopy.
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision.
- Good laboratory and analytical skills
- At least 2 years experience working in a busy clinical
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologist and Technicians Board.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Ms Office packages.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.