Sewerage Officer, Laboratory Technician / Foreman and ICT Officer Jobs in Othaya Kenya July 2014
Othaya Mukurweini Water Services Company is contracted by Tana Water Services Board to provide water and sanitation services in Mukurwe-ini and Nyeri South Districts.
To strengthen our team of staff and leadership, we invite applications from highly competent and experienced individuals who are proactive and self driven to fill the following positions within the Company.
1. Sewerage Officer
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Sewerage Officer will ensure effective supervision of operations and maintenance of sewerage network.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the operations, maintenance and extension of the sewer network; ensuring right number of staff are deployed, economic use of available resources and tools; deal with logistics of the operations, co-coordinating efforts of different units.
- Inspect consumer installations and supervises their connection to the main sewers including identifying the main sewer to be connected to; advising on the most economic connection procedure; deploying staff; inspecting standard of the work done.
- Ensure that connections done are in compliance with internal and external regulations and legislation in order to avoid any conflicts and also ensure the effluent discharged is of the required standard.
- Ensure timely and economic unblocking of the sewer systems; deploy staff and equipment, supervise the work done; and ensure that manholes or trenches are covered.
- Take responsibility for preparation of annual budgets for the unit.
- Ensure that staff are motivated and that they perform in accordance with the standards of safety and competence laid down by the company.
- Periodically check on the working tools stock and advice for procurement of any materials needed for any particular task.
- Ensure the availability and efficient utilization of resources under his/her charge
- Responding to clients on basic complaints and concerns over the sewer systems, and forward any outstanding to the relevant superiors.
- Minimum ‘O’ level certificate of education
- Diploma in water and waste water Engineering
- 2 years experience in sewerage management
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Team player
2. Laboratory Technician / Foreman
Reporting to the Sewerage Officer, the Laboratory Technician/Foreman will carry out chemical analysis on sewerage samples to ensure that they meet the required standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze sewerage samples on a regular basis in order to ensure the final output meets the stipulated requirements.
- Record and share the results of the analysis with the Technical Manager/ Water and Waste water quality officer and advise corrective action as appropriate.
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment.
- Collect samples and specimen and prepare reports, as required.
- Maintain cultures, plan, supervise, evaluate and co-ordinate laboratory work.
- Determine the working tools and materials needed and ensure that they are readily available in the right quality and quantity.
- Keep track of the use of supplies in the laboratory to ensure that they are within the stipulated limits
- Supervise the ponds attendants
- General cleaning of the ponds and environment
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum ‘O’ level certificate of éducation or équivalent
- Water and wastewater laboratory certificate from KEWI or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in water and waste water laboratory preferably in a busy sewerage treatment works .
3. Information and Communication Technology Officer
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the ICT Officer will develop, implement and maintain an efficient ICT system for the Company
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and the overseeing network and server
- Regular backing up of data as per procedure
- Develop and implement the ICT policy
- Overseeing computer security and anti-virus updates etc.
- Carrying out computer “housekeeping” tasks
- Providing IT support to computer users within the office
- Liaising with external support company
- Developing, maintaining and updated website
- Keeping inventory of hardware and software
- Ensuring all software is properly licensed
- Participating in preparation of budget
- Advising on training needs
- Minimum ‘O’ level certificate of éducation or equivalent
- Diploma in information and communication technology
- 1 year experience in a busy ICT environment
- Team Player
Interested candidates should forward their applications with updated CVs, names and telephone contacts of three professional referees with copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, current and expected salary in envelopes clearly marking the position applied for to:-
The Managing Director
Othaya Mukurweini Water Services Company
P.O Box 482-10106
Application should be received not later than 16th July 2014
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.