Career Recruitment at ICRC for Senior Risk Management Unit Officer in Nairobi Kenya Nov 2015
Jobs vacancy: Senior Risk Management Unit Officer – Nairobi Kenya
- Contribute to the prioritization of Risk Management Unit assignments in coordination with Risk Management Unit head of unit and coordinators/delegates of other departments.
- Review performance of permanent staff and consultants.
- Determine additional need for human resources and coordinate with HR department to source work force.
- Pair consultant with appropriate assignment in consultation with Head of Risk Management Unit
- Organize de-briefing sessions with the concerned departments/staff members.
- Follow up on recommendations from various assignment reports and lead learning process to build on lessons learnt and feed into ongoing processes, systems and projects.
- Perform research (literature review, consultations, etc.) to ensure that Risk Management Unit overall methodology is based upon sound practices.
- Facilitate a collaborative learning environment to coordinate responsive action to better practices
- Reach out to risk monitoring units embedded in other organizations to discuss issues common to all risk management endeavors in Somalia
- Advice other departments to improve program implementation.
- Review project proposals and identify risk levels and suggest relevant remedial measures
- Academic Degree or post-degree in development studies, sociology, development economics, economics, or similar field.
- Work experience: Detailed understanding of practicalities and sensitivities involved in implementing emergency assistance and developmental projects in remote areas of Somalia.
- Languages: Proficiency in Somali and English a must. Advanced report writing expertise.
- Crucial skills: Deep appreciation of significance of transparency and accountability agenda in remote operations in a highly volatile context.
- Proficient knowledge and skills in project cycle management are a basic requirement.
- Understanding on importance of knowledge management.
- Diplomatic attitude and confidential behavior.
- Understanding of donor environment and legal requirements by donors.
Denis Pritt Road
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi 00200
E-mail address: email@example.com