Senior IT Manager Job in Kenya – DAI USAID TIS Program April 2016
Job opportunity;Senior IT Manager in Kenya – DAI USAID TIS Program
Career vacancy:Senior IT Manager in Kenya – DAI USAID TIS Program
Seeking: Senior IT Manager
(Contract to run through 30th September, 2016)
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia and Somaliland.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Senior IT Manager.
As our senior IT Manager, you will work closely with the Operations Manager and supervise the team consisting of the Nairobi-based IT Manager and Assistant, the Garowe-based IT / Database Officer to support the project needs.
The work of the Senior IT Manager requires a good working knowledge of data security and the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
This position will be based in Nairobi.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and oversees the project IT team to support the IT needs and functions of all offices.
- Serves as focal point for all offices IT-related matters.
- Ensures that appropriate network managers are monitoring system performance, including hardware and software usage patterns and modifying the network configuration accordingly.
- Ensures that the network managers provide necessary support to colleagues in the performance of duties; contribute constructively to the project’s working environment with suggestions to improve the project’s effectiveness as a team
- Supervises and provides ongoing support and training to IT/Database officers.
- Maintains and manage structural integrity of IT systems for all offices.
- Monitors file server and user memory requirements and disk usage to increase memory and/or disk space as needed. Develops and/or administers a network protection system.
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of overall project information technology.
- Conducts periodic trainings for all staff in the use and maintenance of Lotus Notes, Oracle and the Activity Database.
- Ensures that the project IT managers provide regular office equipment maintenance and troubleshooting equipment malfunction as required.
- Supports the inventory management of all IT related office equipment to include laptops, printers, scanners, digital cameras and photocopiers.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- Travel to the various field offices is mandatory, with security permitting.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or appropriate field.
- Five years’ experience working in Information technology
- Experience working in a complex and challenging field environment
- Experience in data security.
- Previous experience working in Somalia highly sought.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Managing complex ICT networks and overcoming challenges
- Demonstrated IT expertise working in Somalia.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
Languages: English and Somali language fluency required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage and oversee the project IT Managers and Assistant.
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya with possible travel to Somalia
Reporting: The Senior IT Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Duration: 5 Months, through September 2016
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
(2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
(3)A filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
Forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday, 4th May 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put Senior IT Manager as the email subject.