Seed Company Sales and Marketing Officer Job in Nakuru Kenya June 2014
Company Description: A Dynamic Seed Company
- Be able to understand and disseminate product knowledge of all the range of product (seed & inputs) offered for sale
- Be able to carry out on farm trials for seed adaptability in different Agro Ecological Zones (AEZ)
- Be able to collect relevant data timely from the ‘on farm trials’ for material description
- Be able to design and establish ‘demonstration plots’ of different varieties of seeds in different parts of the designated region manage and advise the company on adaptability and adoption.
- Be able to work with Agro dealers in seed positioning and sales
- Be able to network with stakeholders such Ministry of Agriculture, NGOs and other players in seed industry in preparing and running field days, ASK shows and other activities that can generate sales.
- Be able to design a route map and endeavor to adhere to it during field visits to ensure efficient use of resources
- Be able to achieve set targets using available resources
- Perform internal advisory services to the company in aspects of crop husbandry, improved productivity and diversification.
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related fields,
- Basic knowledge in sales and marketing and willingness to learn,
- Must possess computer knowledge and be proficient at it,
- A holder of valid driving license,
- Be a team player and able to handle multiple responsibilities,
- Must possess excellent communication skills and interactive capabilities.
- Be ready to work beyond normal working hours
- Be ready to spend more time away from home/ family (sleep overs)
- Be ready to work in harsh environmental and all weather conditions since the sales job is field based
Email your CV to email@example.com with the subject line REF:369, your name and phone number.