Secours Islamique France Driver / General Office Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Secours Islamique France Driver / General Office Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Secours Islamique France Driver / General Office Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya
Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Position Title: Driver / General Office Assistant
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Duration of contract: 2 Months with possibility of extension
Expected starting date: Early May 2016
Monthly Salary range: Starting from Gross Salary 29,870 KES based upon experience
Organization Profile: Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non – Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France.
Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest people.
SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
Today, SIF intervenes in around 20 countries and has been providing assistance to the most vulnerable for 20 years without discrimination as to culture, ethnicity, religion or sex.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Under supervision of the Head of Mission, the Driver / General Office Assistant is responsible for the following duties / responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely movements of SIF staff according to their schedules by driving of SIF vehicle, following strictly the driving regulation & security rules of SIF.
- React quickly to any emergency situation on the road.
- Ensure the good condition of the assigned vehicle and that it is clean at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate log books and other documents for the vehicle.
- Assist with office duties including filing, photo-copying, greeting visitors, relocation of furniture etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Specification
- At least 2 years driving experience; preferably with an I/NGO
- Good Listener, learner and observer.
- Basic Mechanical Skills
- Should be punctual and very reliable
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English
- Knowledge of Nairobi area
- Nairobi resident
- Minimum secondary school education
- Must has valid driving license and a clear driving record
Please submit your application (CV, 3 references) to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than April 30, 2016.
Please clearly mention “Driver/General Office Assistant – Nairobi” in the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer; Only short listed candidates will be contacted.