Sasa Africa Product Development Fellow Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Sasa Africa Product Development Fellow in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Sasa Africa Product Development Fellow in Nairobi, Kenya
Sasa Is Hiring
Product Development Fellow
Reports to: Product Design Associate and Quality Assurance Manager (based in Nairobi)
Contract Level: Standard, Full-time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Soko: Soko aspires to transform the status quo of how trade is conducted with emerging markets.
Soko is a catalyst for Global Supply Chain innovation, leveraging mobile enterprise solutions in a distributed network of SME producers for a more ethical and agile production model.
Our commitment to ethical production has led to growing demand for our products from companies such as Nordstrom and Anthropologie, hundreds of boutiques, and thousands of online consumers.
As Product Development Fellow, you are expected to assist in supporting artisans to build their design and production capacity for the international consumer market, this includes helping artisans to fulfill standardization, optimization, and international appeal of the artisan’s product development.
You will work with the US based trend team to translate design concepts into realization with the artisans.
You will help to identify new artisan talent. You will work directly with talented artisans in the creative, analytical, and logistical aspects of Production and Design.
In addition to the above are roles outlined below:
- To interact with artisan, i.e. they will follow up with products in the field when required to.
- To assist in documentation, that is, in the creation of the bill of materials, generation of SKUs, artisan payments and the necessary/relevant photo documentation required during the sampling process
- To act as a liaison between product development and the artisan management team and the quality assurance team by assisting in the handover process by providing said documentation
- To assist in tracking samples and maintaining the sample library.
- To document the new product lines in a most professional and timely manner
- To vet artisans for scaled production and help to foster a relationship with them that assists them in production capacity building, from the creating of Master specifications to production and resource assistance, and from facilitating new staff in production to quality assurance.
- Your duties will vary from time to time.
- The successful candidate will have at least a diploma in a design related field, industrial design, mechanical / manufacturing / production engineering will be an added advantage.
- Experience in manufacturing, Workshop, supply chain management or fashion is preferred.
- Trained Artisanal trade skills is preferred.
- Familiar with measurement techniques and instruments such as caliper and micrometer.
- Experience with illustrative documentation tools is desired.
- Someone in a design oriented filed that requires technical skills, like architecture or interior design (interior architecture) Product design would be an added advantage
If your qualifications match the above profile, you can identify with our vision and you are excited about this challenging position, we look forward to receiving your application on firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com, Elisha@shopsoko.com on or before 12th May 2016.
It should include the heading “Application Product Design Fellow”, a cover letter with salary expectations and earliest possible starting date and a Curriculum Vitae.
Sasa Africa is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.
More information about Soko can be found on our website www.shopsoko.com.