Samasource Research Analyst Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Samasource Research Analyst in Kenya
Career vacancy:Samasource Research Analyst in Kenya
Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty.
Position Description: Samasource is seeking individuals who are skilled, passionate, and hungry to build the next generation of social-sector evidence to join the R&D team in the position of Research Analyst (RA).
- Perform principled literature reviews of primary research studies, program evaluations, and meta-analyses– following rigorous IGP protocols – to identify and extract key details about the social interventions studied, including:
- Key program activities of the intervention
- Target outcomes and outcome measures
- Context variables, such as population characteristics and geography
- Research design and quality
- Other relevant variables as determined with the RA Team Manager
- Note: RAs will conduct these IGP literature reviews across multiple areas of social policy (e.g., Education, Health, etc.)
- Collaborate with other RAs to address questions and ensure cross-analyst consistency
- Work with the RA Team Manager to actively identify, mitigate, and escalate risks/issues in a timely and effective manner
- Solid reading comprehension skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with teams
- Committed to Sama’s values
- Previous experience in literature reviews of primary research studies, program evaluations, and meta-analyses will be advantageous.
- Previous hands-on knowledge of e-commerce projects
- Comfort using Internet search engines like Google or Bing.
- Familiarity with software like MS Office, and comfortable adapting to and learning new software and web applications.
- A successful completion of a diploma / degree course.