Call for Short Term Experts
Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives.
We work with civil society, governments and international organisations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others.
We have a strong thematic focus to our conflict prevention work prioritising: access to security and justice services; arms controls; aid and conflict; and governance and peacebuilding.
We contribute to lasting change in specific countries and regions and internationally through a combination of research and policy development, advocacy and through supporting practical action at the local level in conflict-affected societies.
We currently have country and regional programmes in Central and South Asia, the Caucasus, Eastern Europe, the Horn and Great Lakes regions of Africa and the Middle East and North Africa
Saferworld is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified experts in governance, research, communications, advocacy and monitoring and evaluation to develop a pool of high-quality, pre-qualified short term expertise to assist in the implementation of the DFID-funded Implementation and Analysis in Action on Accountability Programme in Somalia and Somaliland.
The objective of IAAAP is to implement and scale up a package of strategic interventions supported by on-going “live” analytics that improve government performance and societal accountability in Somalia.
Short term experts will be called upon at key points during the design and implementation of the programme to advise on the development of research projects and accountability interventions.
The Saferworld is calling for Expressions of Interest from professionals with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Somalia Political Economy/Science
- Financial Flows Mapping and Analysis
- Extractive Industries in Fragile States Analysis
- Somali Logistics
- Ethnographic, Anthropologic, Sociological
- Civil Society Analysis, Capacity Building and Development
- International Research Expertise on State/ Peace Building Accountability Issues and International Development
- M&E, Theory of Change Development, Log Frame Development
- Communication Strategy, Research Uptake and Influence Expertise
Applicants should have:
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience in field of expertise
- Professional experience in Somalia/Somaliland or the Horn of Africa
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience working with, DfID or other donor-funded projects
- Fluency in English (Knowledge of Somali an advantage)
This position is subject to project award and funding.
To register your interest, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 July 2014