Safaricom IT Solutions Architect Job in Kenya 2014
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Systems Analysis & Architecture the holder of the position will create technical solutions for business problems, utilizing available IT assets.
- Translate documented business requirements into a technical solution design for implementation;
- Collaboratively oversee the development of the solution as per agreed architecture;
- Provide solution architecture input into all new system tenders;
- Maintain up to date EA documentation;
- Maintain updated IT service catalogue documentation;
- Proactively communicate to business stakeholders on the available IT capabilities.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Solution Architecture skills ( Advanced level);
- 5 years of software development experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis and design;
- Advanced skills in logical and physical data modeling, relational databases;
- Experience in multiple programming languages and Web services;
- Experience with both UNIX and Windows platforms are necessary;
- Knowledge of networking-TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing;
- Knowledge of security-encryption (SSL), certificates, firewalls, VPN, IPSec, etc;
- Experience integrating products into legacy systems;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Desire to continually learn new skills
- Experience in cloud and managed services will be an added advantage.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,