Sacco General Manager Job in Kenya June 2014
Reports To: Sacco Board, Group Strategy and SBU Manager
Purpose of the job: The General Manager shall have overall responsibility for the management of the Sacco and shall directly report to the Board.
Functions / Responsibilities / Experience:
- Responsible for the organization’s investments and management of balanced investment portfolio.
- Responsible for the management, development and maintenance of a high performance team by providing good leadership and effective supervision and guidance of staff members under his/her charge.
- Responsible for the organization’s financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan
- Responsible for supporting decision making through preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
- Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Management of the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with internationally accepted accounting and financial reporting standards and preparation of final accounts for audit.
- Prepare and analyze on a regular basis the Sacco’s business plans, budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances.
- Provide support to all other functions to enhance organizational goals.
- Ensure proper planning and forecasting of Sacco operations.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on performance of the Sacco to the board.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Any other duty as delegated by the SACCO Board and Group Management.
- Strong Leadership Skills,
- Strong communication and Negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Complaints handling skills.
- Listening and questioning skills.
- Good in relationship building and maintaining.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills.
- High initiative and ability to work independently with minimum supervision,
- A person of high integrity and ethical behavior is a key requirement,
- University Degree in Commerce/Finance /Accounting.
- CPA ( K)
- Qualifications in Sacco operations, Diploma in Co-operative Management, Business Management, Microfinance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Sacco/financial management position.
- Two years minimum experience with a reputed Sacco at Management level.
- Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel);
- Achievement of SACCO strategic plan.
- Compliance with SACCO ACT.
- Profit Realization.
Send your applications to email@example.com attaching your Resume and Certificates by close of Business 1st July 2014.