REVEALED: Why UHURU/ RUTO banned RAILA ODINGA’s rally – The MUNGIKI link
– Barely a day after the Government of President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy, William Ruto, banned the planned CORD rally in Eldoret, which was scheduled for this Friday, it has now emerged that plans were hatched to ensure the rally does not go on at all costs.
Speaking yesterday, Eldoret West Police Chief, Smollest Munyianzi, said Raila Odinga could not be allowed to hold the rally because a group of Mungiki goons had been transported from Central Kenya to disrupt the rally and cause chaos in Eldoret.
“We have arrested 15 Mungiki suspects who are helping the police with investigations about their mission in the County ahead of the 27th June CORD rally,” said Munyianzi.
However, sources told The Kenyan DAILY POST that Uasin Governor, Jackson Mandago, is the man behind the Mungiki youths in Eldoret and they were hired to disrupt the CORD rally.
Mandago had banned CORD rallies in the County and warned Raila Odinga to keep off the region for his own good.