Retail Supermarket Operations Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Retail Supermarket Operations Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Retail Supermarket Operations Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for day to day store operations, including scheduling, training, and supervising employees.
List of Responsibilities
- Assist in the recruiting of, recommend for hire, and train, positive individuals to become members of the team, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Motivate, encourage, and challenge store cashiers.
- Promote and resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner.
- Implement and enforce established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well kept.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly, and displayed in a safe manner.
- Maintain quality brand image standards as pass evaluations.
- Supervise, and discipline all store employees according to company policy.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by management.
- Monitor cash over/short, inventory shrinkage, and drive offs daily.
- Have the physical ability to perform all duties of a store cashier regularly.
- Understand all information in the daily reporting of store operations.
- Follow and enforce all Company Policies and Established Procedures in the store Operations
- Implement Monthly promotions, insure all POS advertising/signage is properly posted at the proper time.
- Communicate and perform all price change request, mark downs / ups as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures.
- Enforce all Safety and Security Issues and report any and all unsafe conditions.
- Report and process all employee and/ or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure.
- Experience: 5 years experience in retail, preferably an operations manager from supermarket chains
- Education: at least a high school graduate
- Highly Organized individual
- Preferably 35-40 years old
- Needs to be able to advice on expansion matters, have a vision of adding more stores in Nairobi
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “ 2177”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2177, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th May 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.